Monday, August 29, 2011

Classroom Management


My collaborating teacher has many classroom management techniques she uses throughout each class and throughout the day. It all depends on the situation in the class, the grade level and which techniques have already been used in that particular class that a new technique is necessary.

As I am transitioning into teaching the classes, I am using these as well as building on other techniques I have learned during my other teaching experiences.

Here is a list of a few…

-Ring the wind chime, signals students to listen.
-One set of lights off, gets students attention. Must know that no student in the room is prone to seizures.
- A song…
            Take our your hand, shake it up, wake it up
            Do what I do and Say what I say
            I said stop (Kids repeat stop and hold hand out in stop position)
            Look (Kids repeat and point to eyes)
            Listen (Kids repeat and point to ears
            To Learn (Kids repeat and hold sign language letter L)
-Music.. when the song goes on it is clean up time, when it goes off its time to be back at your seat, quite, with heads down
-Clap a rhythm and students repeat clapping rhythm back


I know some of this might seem a bit boring, but I am also trying to use this blog as way for me to remember the little things I am learning while student teaching and also give you all a glimpse into my experience. Thanks for readings!

2 comments: